Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Why I Love Being a Mom


Being a mom is, indeed one of the most difficult and challenging jobs in existence. It is hard work that never ends and yet, if you ask a mom, any mom, why she loves being a mom, the answers reveal the truth; the rewards far outweigh the day-to-day struggles.
We are ALL real moms sharing real reasons why we LOVE being a mom....

 Jamie -
  • the make believe worlds of my children and the opportunity to join in
  • toddler pronounciations: babing suit, chick-munk, blawnquit, tutu, took-key, brudah
  • gathering on the couch to read a book together, which is even more special now that the little ones can share in the task
  • seeing my children display generosity, kindness and compassion to others
  • creating a messy craft project with little hands or little feet
  • witnessing the pure innocence associated with childhood
  • watching their relationship as siblings develop as i hear them giggle and scheme from another room
  • the "I AM HOME FROM SCHOOL" hug
  • I LOVE being the ONLY one who has felt each of them move before ANYONE could see their little face
Coretta-
  • The unsolicited hugs, kisses, and "I Love You's"
  • Spontaneous dance parties that erupt throughout the day
  • The daily pleasure of viewing the World through pure eyes.
  • Constant reminders of what's important in life: love, laughter, and Family

Lauren-
  • I love the company. No longer will I ever have to shower, pee, or poo alone.
  • I love being a broken record. The clean up song has become a mantra for me; very relaxing.
  • I love the extra "help" my toddler provides by turning a ten minute task into an hour.
  • I love potty accidents and the clean up involved...
  • I love crafts that turn hands, faces, clothes, and the playroom into a canvas.
  • I love kid shows that leave songs stuck in my head that I can't stop singing for days on end
I love each and every one of these things about being a mother. Though some may think these are the nuisances of parenthood, to me they are reminders. Reminders that you are watching and learning every step of the way, every second of the day. Reminders that with my help you are well on your way to becoming an even more awesome human being. And with those reminders, I remember to pat myself on the back for a job well done.

Karyn-

Being a mom is so much more than changing diapers and making lunch.  It’s how I can be cooking in one room and hear my son saying “ready, set go!” playing with cars in the next.  It’s how I can walk in to check on him because he’s being quiet and he’s just sitting on his training potty eating an apple.  It’s how he comes up to me just to give me a kiss.  It’s how, completely untaught, he will spin himself around in circles until he’s dizzy and laughs the whole time.  Being a mom is amazing because each and every day (and all of THOSE were done in ONE day), he puts a smile on my face.  On my best days and my worst days I know that I will smile because of my son.  There’s nothing better. 

Aubrey-

  • Big sloppy open mouth wet baby kisses
  • Holidays! They have taken on an entire new meaning!
  • Membership into an exclusive club. Being a Mom has allowed me to meet and connect with other women I would have never met before.These women, who share the same triumph, struggles, success and obstacles become your best friends. 
  • I get to enjoy all the best parts of my childhood again & get to carry on family traditions. 
  • I get to help make the world a better place... one tiny heart at a time. 
  • Unconditional Love- The feeling that a tiny person relies solely on you and that they look up to you and love you unconditionally is truly an indescribable feeling.
 I am far from the perfect Mom & my children may not be the most well-behaved out there but together we are blessed to share life and love with each other. Becoming a Mom didn't change who I am, it made me

What about you?  Why do you love being a Mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment