Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Paleo Fudge




Today the girls and I tested out a new recipe that was so simple yet tastes so yummy!  I found the original recipe on Detoxinista's wonderful blog.  I  made a few small changes and the final product was great!  I should mention that this was Hubby's Birthday treat!

Coconut and Almond Butter Fudge




Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups creamy almond butter

1/4 cup coconut oil

1 1/2 tablespoons honey

1/2 cup finely shredded coconut

1/2 teaspoon fine salt

Directions:

This is the easy part!  Combine all ingredients, except 1/2 of the coconut, into a medium sized microwave safe bowl.  Pop the bowl into the microwave for about 15 seconds.  Microwaving is completely optional, I just found it easier to stir and combine all ingredients by doing this.  Once the mixture is smooth and creamy you're all set!


Line a square baking dish with plastic wrap.  Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth with a spoon.  I sprinkled the remainder of coconut on top at this point.  Place in the freezer for at least an hour.  Once it's frozen remove by lifting the plastic wrap out of the pan.  This is where I let the girls get involved.  We used metal cookie cutters and cute the fudge into fun shapes!



Store in a sealed plastic container in the freezer and as always make sure you enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. OK I love this, I will be making this wonderful treat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Let us know how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete