Thursday, January 10, 2013

Meet Jamie



Here’s my why I became part of the “sisterhood of the traveling blog”…..

I’m just an ordinary mom, attempting to maintain a healthy balance in the world for my family and myself… I’ll be blogging about my days raising, homeschooling, exercising, working, living healthy and just plain loving my children, in the hopes that some of what I’ve learned along the way might create amazing little people…

I am wife and a mother attempting to live each day through functional fun, and seeking out ‘educational moments’. A self-proclaimed perfectionist, and far from a procrastinator… I am lucky enough to have married my best friend and together we have three sweet children, a five year old boy, a two-and-a-half year old girl and a brand new boy. As a mother, I'm all for natural childbirth,breastfeeding, healthy living, homeschooling and pretty much anything that ‘feels’ right in the formation of our little people. My husband and I both work hard to keep our family a solid team and try to live as frugally as possible, as we are always saving for the future.


I have my associate’s degree in personal health and fitness, bachelor's degrees in law, sociology and criminal justice and master's degrees in elementary education, child development and world religions. I would absolutely love to go get my PhD in psychology and be a family counselor….I am an education addict. I was a First Grade teacher in a private school up until my son turned 18 months, previous to which I’ve taught fifth grade, second grade and kindergarten in a few different public school districts. Today, I am more of a jack-of-all-trades (and a master of none). To fill the “empty” slots in our schedule, I have my hand in as much as possible, working part-time(teaching fitness and health to preschoolers and elementary aged children), from home (writing curriculum for districts and homeschooling families) self-employed(creating individual crafts, and party planning for children) and as an independent contractor for The Pampered Chef. I strive to maintain a healthy balance in life, but my family is always priority number one. I hope you’ll join me on my journey through motherhood…through the ups and downs…I’ll tell you the truth, just like it is.
~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment