Monday, January 28, 2013

Meet Jessica

Meet JESSICA





My Name is Jessica Miner, but I am so much more than that.  I am a Wife, a mother, a step-mother, someone’s daughter, an Aunt, a friend to many and a follower of Christ.  I try and live life to the fullest and enjoy every moment while doing that.  Although life wasn't sugar, flowers and candy canes. 

Growing up I thought life would be so much easier and often dreamed that picture perfect photo for my life.  At the age of 18 my then ex-husband thought it would be great to welcome a child to the world.  Freshman in college and the world at my feet I thought nothing was impossible.  So in July of 2001 we welcomed our beautiful daughter to the world.  I was unstoppable.  Two daughters later following in 2003 and 2006 and almost 8 years of marriage I was brought to a path I never saw coming my way.  January 2009 is a month that forever changed my family dynamics.  I was face with the awful truth that my husband, my high school sweet heart someone that I had grown to love and care for had cheated on me and decided to up and leave for the other woman.

Picking up the pieces with 3 young children at home wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I vowed to be there for them and to not stop and keep my head high, promised to show them a strong woman.  I thought for certain it was going to be just me and them.  Much to my own thinking my current husband Craig greeted me at my door step one day as he picked up his own daughter from a play date with my then 7 year old daughter.  Two weeks later we went on a long wonderful tractor ride in the pouring rain and have been in love ever since.  Married in January 2011, welcomed our son to the world in February of that year and then most recently welcoming our daughter in September of 2012. 

Together Craig and I have 9 children and we are a very blended family!  Not always going the way we like to see it and constantly talking about how we miss our children when they are not with us.  As some of you may know with a blended family the joys of becoming one are great, but the always having children in separate places is a constant state that is always there.  Craig works hard for the family outside of the home trying to provide for us while giving me the joy of being a stay at home mom.  The past year has opened a door for me to be able to put my talent as a knitter/crocheter and start my home based crafting business.  

Although the path of life twisted and turned in ways that I wouldn't have thought it would.  I am truly at a happy place in life.  The journey of life, of motherhood, of being a wife is always unexpected and thrilling all while not giving us the happy smiling faces we would hope for, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  Forever a wife, a mother, a step-mom, a daughter and a friend.  Waiting for the next day!



1 comment: