Sunday, January 13, 2013

Meet Lauren

Mom of two, part girly-girl, part tom-boy, 100% chocolate and craft beer lover (especially when you put them together)! I earned the nickname “Animal” in reference to the Muppet way, way, way back at my first birthday party. Like the Muppet, my vocabulary at the time was limited to deep, throaty bellows and monosyllabic, primitive grunts. Also like the Muppet I had the tendency to get overly excited which came out in an almost violent way.

Although my vocabulary has come a long way in not-quite-thirty years, my propensity for being exaggeratedly eager and energetic has not. If anything, becoming a mother to two has only made it worse (what?! BabyLegs came out with new styles? BUY THEM ALL!!!).

Luckily for me I have found myself fortunate enough to be surrounded with people who know how to reel me back in from my urge to jump the gun and do it all NOW. My husband is my hero: he laughs as I dive head first into project after project and bombard him with my mind’s seemingly endless surge of new ideas before gently leading me back to reality with usually one simple, casual observation. My sisters and parents are my best friends, in good company with a handful of other really great pals collected over the years, each from a distinct part of my past. I work for a company where we work hard and play harder. My boss has learned to channel my enthusiasm into organized and creative chaos and the result is something of which I am very proud.

I started my career at a small start up medical software company when there was only about 10 employees. I have worn many hats over the years, sometimes all at once. The company now has over 50 employees in the United States and another 15 or so internationally. I’ve seen firsthand how powerful teamwork can be and this is why I am excited for How I Met These Mothers. I know that together with an abundance of ideas and experiences, plenty of enthusiasm, and a little bit of organization, we too can create something magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment