Monday, February 11, 2013

Meet Sarah

 
 
Hi my name is Sarah and I am a 30 something stay/work at home mom to my 3 year old surprise baby boy. See I was told at 18 that it would be hard for me to conceive due to surgery. Then came an even bigger blow 2 years later when I was given a PCOS diagnosis. I cried for days, the only thing I knew for sure was I wanted to be a mom when I grew up.
 

I met my now husband in March of 2008 and we've been together ever since. Much to my surprise, in January of 2009, after a week of being sick with what I thought was the flu, we got a positive test. I was just sitting there in shock, hubby well he didn't know what to do. I had a fairly easy pregnancy well after about 5 months in when I could finally keep things down for the most part. I went into labor just shy of 36 weeks, the Drs. tried to stop it but Matthew wanted nothing to do with it. My birth plan went out the window. See I thought I wanted to have an epidural and I wasn't going to be able to do it without one. I learned on September 14, 2009 that I was so much stronger than I ever thought. 12 hours 31 minutes after my very first contraction I gave birth to a perfect 6 lb. 8 oz. 19 ½ inches baby boy. I had no time for my epidural and after 1 push he was out. We came home 4 days later as a family of 3.


I spend most of my time with my son but I enjoy my occasional nights out when I go to work selling Tastefully Simple. Sunday's will always be football days in our house, it's either on TV or hubby is playing it but I wouldn’t change it. The last 3+ years has not been easy on us, I lost my bio dad in 2010, Matthew was diagnosed with a speech delay and well hubby and I have had our ups and downs. Would I change any of it, no way. I love being a wife, a mother, sister and aunt. I have found an amazing group of mom's along my way and reconnected with friends who are more like family.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment